Events in May 2017 @ Ranchview High School
May 2 – Algebra 1 EOC
May 3 – US History EOC
May 4 – Biology EOC
May 4 – Pride of the Pack Awards Ceremony for selected 9-11th graders. 6pm-8pm in RHS Auditorium
May 5 – #GenTX Decision Day for seniors
May 6 – Jr/Sr Prom at Noah’s event
May 12 – SAT Prep Workshop at RHS. Sign up on line for $50. See flyer below for more information
May 12 – Sr/Jr/Faculty Powder Tuff game
May 17 – WoW Revue
May 24 – Senior Awards and Fun Day
May 26 and 29 – No School
May 31 – Early release-Finals
June 1 – Earlier release-Final
June 1 – Senior graduation rehearsal at 12:30pm at RHS Café-MANDATORY
June 4 – GRADUATION at UNT at 7pm
Write a College Essay
- Thursday, June 8, 4-8pm @ Smith
- Friday, June 9, 7:30am-1pm @ Smith
- Saturday, June 10, 8-12pm @ Smith
*$150 per semester/$90 for free and reduced *
Parents please keep in mind that:
Clarification on English & Math Course Scheduling & Prerequisites
- English Course Clarification…
- During the 84th Texas Legislature in spring of 2015, it was voted into law that students on the Foundation High School Program must successfully complete English I, II, and III prior to enrolling in the advanced English course.
- This would apply to any and all of the advanced English courses, not just English IV.
- The law is clear that students must successfully complete English I, II, and III before enrolling in English IV (or the advanced course being substituted for English IV).
- Algebra 1 Course Clarification
- Students must have credit in Algebra 1 in order to move on to take any other level of math.
Parents, if your child does not pass Algebra 1 or an English class, please plan on them attending summer school.
- Remember to turn in your acceptance letters to colleges to student services so that your picture and school(s) will be added to the wall.
- Other scholarships can be found at: https://cfbisd.edu/schools/high-schools/ranchview-high-school/campus-leadership/counseling-office/scholarships/
- Also “like” or “follow” our social media sites so you can be up on all information!
- Order your Cap/Gown for Graduation! Cost will go up after Feb 1st! You can order on balfour.com
- Be sure to look at senior timeline for upcoming events at https://cfbisd.edu/schools/high-schools/ranchview-high-school/campus-leadership/counseling-office/2016-2017-senior-timeline/