Events in April 2017 @ Ranchview High School
April 4th – TSI testing at RHS for sophomores taking Dual credit Leadership program next year
April 14th – No school
April 17th – NACAC National College Fair @ Irving Convention Center 5-8pm (see flyer for more info)
April 20th – Balfour will hand out Senior Graduation orders minus the cap/gowns during lunch
April 27th – Senior Honors Breakfast for honor graduates
April 29th – North Texas US Service Academics Forum 8 am-noon at Mansfield ISD Center for the Performing Arts.
Attend a College Fair!
- Thursday, June 8, 4-8pm @ Smith
- Friday, June 9, 7:30am-1pm @ Smith
- Saturday, June 10, 8-12pm @ Smith
*$150 per semester/$90 for free and reduced *
Parents please keep in mind that:
Clarification on English & Math Course Scheduling & Prerequisites
- English Course Clarification…
- During the 84th Texas Legislature in spring of 2015, it was voted into law that students on the Foundation High School Program must successfully complete English I, II, and III prior to enrolling in the advanced English course.
- This would apply to any and all of the advanced English courses, not just English IV.
- The law is clear that students must successfully complete English I, II, and III before enrolling in English IV (or the advanced course being substituted for English IV).
- Algebra 1 Course Clarification
- Students must have credit in Algebra 1 in order to move on to take any other level of math.
Parents, if your child does not pass Algebra 1 or an English class, please plan on them attending summer school.
- Remember to turn in your acceptance letters to colleges to student services so that your picture and school(s) will be added to the wall.
- Other scholarships can be found at: https://cfbisd.edu/schools/high-schools/ranchview-high-school/campus-leadership/counseling-office/scholarships/
- Also “like” or “follow” our social media sites so you can be up on all information!
- Order your Cap/Gown for Graduation! Cost will go up after Feb 1st! You can order on balfour.com
- Be sure to look at senior timeline for upcoming events at https://cfbisd.edu/schools/high-schools/ranchview-high-school/campus-leadership/counseling-office/2016-2017-senior-timeline/