Hello Wolf Pack!
As spring arrives we see many more activities on campus that represent the culmination of a year’s work from our students and staff. The Fine Arts groups are currently in the middle of their UIL contests. UIL Contest is the equivalent of End of Course testing for the Fine Arts Groups. Band and Choir are taking their groups to contest in April while Orchestra and Theater One Act Play competed in late March.
We would like to say a big thank you to April Rivas, RHS’s Librarian and Media Specialist! Mrs. Rivas has made the RHS Library “the place to be” for our students and staff and has increased the number of books available for independent reading. Please join with us as we will celebrate Mrs. Rivas and her work on April 11th on National Librarian Day.
We would also like to recognize all of our Administrative Professionals on Administrative Professional Day, Wednesday, April 26th. Ranchview runs smoothly because of work of these amazing staff members!
Looking ahead to the testing coming in May:
End Of Course (EOC)
- Algebra I – May 2nd
- US History – May 3rd
- Biology – May 4th
- IB Biology P1 & P2 (PM) – Monday, May 1st
- IB Biology P3 (AM) – Tuesday, May 2nd
- IB English P1 (PM) – Wednesday, May 3rd
- IB English P2 (AM) – Thursday, May 4th
- IB Math/Math Studies P1 (PM) – Thursday, May 4th
- IB Math/Math Studies P2 (AM) – Friday, May 5th
- IB History P1 & P2 (PM) – Tuesday, May 9th
- IB History P3 (AM) – Wednesday, May 10th
- IB Music (AM) – Thursday, May 11th
- IB Chemistry P1 & P2 (PM) – Thursday, May 11th
- IB Chemistry P3 (AM) – Friday, May 12th
- IB Physics P1 & P2 (PM) – Monday, May 15th
- IB Physics P3 (AM) – Tuesday, May 16th
- IB Spanish P1 (PM) – Tuesday, May 16th
- IB Spanish P2 (AM) – Wednesday, May 17th
- IB French P1 (PM) – Thursday, May 18th
- IB French P2 (AM) – Friday, May 19th
- Spanish Language & Culture – Tuesday, May 2nd 8:00 am
- English Literature & Composition – Wednesday, May 3rd 8:00 am
- World History – Thursday, May 11th 8:00 am
- Human Geography – Friday, May 12th 8:00 am
Important Upcoming Senior Dates:
- Thursday, April 27th – Senior Honor’s Breakfast – Auditorium – 8:15–10:30 am
- Saturday, May 6th – Prom at Noah’s Event Center, Noah’s – 6101 E. Campus Circle Drive, Las Colinas, Tx 75063 – 7:30pm – 11:30 pm
- Monday, May 15th – Senior Reception sponsored by PTSA – 6:30–8:00 pm in RHS Auditorium
- Wednesday, May 24th
- Senior Walk – RHS Auditorium – 8:30–10:30 am
- Senior Activity at Pin Stacks in Plano – 11:30am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, June 4th – Graduation – University of North Texas Coliseum – 7:00 pm
This time of year can be stressful for students, parents, and teachers. A little stress is OK—it helps keep us alert. Too much stress, however, keeps us from doing and feeling our best. When you feel stressed, relaxation techniques can help.
** Take a deep breath. Then slowly release your breath, along with the tension and the stress.
** Starting at you head and going down to your feet, flex, and then relax each muscle.
** Think of a place where you feel relaxed and calm. Close your eyes and imagine being in that place.
Thank you for all you do to support our students!