Events in February 2017 @ Ranchview High School
Feb. 6th – 8th grade course registration at BBMS, Wolf Pack Night 6-7:30 pm at RHS
Feb. 7th – Principal/Parent/Community coffee-special guest Mrs. Nash 6-7pm
Feb 13th – 11th grade course registration begins
Feb. 16th – 8th grade visit to RHS, Taste of Ranchview 5:30pm – 7:30pm at RHS
Feb. 20th – 10th grade course registration begins
Feb 21st – Parent Workshop on SAT/ACT-7:30 am or 6pm
Feb 23rd – Parent Teacher conference and Open House night 5-8pm, PSAT info session 7-7:30pm
Feb. 27th – 9th grade course registration begins
Registration for next year courses will begin in February! Counselors will be meeting with students in English classes to distribute course selection sheets and discuss the registration process!
Parent Action Plan
- Make sure your child meets with the school counselor. Your child should schedule a meeting to talk about college and career options and to choose the most-appropriate classes
- Help your child set goals for the school year. Working toward specific goals helps your child stay motivated and focused.
- Make a plan to check in regularly about schoolwork. If you keep up with your child’s tests, papers and homework assignments, you can celebrate successes and head off problems as a team.
- Talk about extracurricular activities. Getting involved in clubs and other groups is a great way for your child to identify interests and feel more engaged in school.
- Start thinking about financial aid. It’s not too early to look into types of aid that could help you cover college costs.
- Discuss next year’s classes. Make sure your child is challenging him- or herself — and taking the courses college admission officers expect to see. Learn more about the high school classes that colleges look for.
- Help your child start a college list. Visit College Search Step-by-Step together to get tips on starting a college search and figuring out what matters most to your child when choosing a college.
- See how much you need to save for college. Use the College Savings Calculator to get an idea of where you are compared with your savings goal.
- Help your child make summer plans. Summer is a great time to explore interests and learn new skills — and colleges look for students who pursue meaningful summer activities
- Remember to turn in your acceptance letters to colleges to student services so that your picture and school(s) will be added to the wall.
- Local Scholarships are due in March 10th by 5pm! Go to http://cfbgiving.com/grants-and-scholarships/student-scholarships/
- Other scholarships can be found at: https://cfbisd.edu/schools/high-schools/ranchview-high-school/campus-leadership/counseling-office/scholarships/
- Also “like” or “follow” our social media sites so you can be up on all information!
- Order your Cap/Gown for Graduation! Cost will go up after Feb 1st! You can order on balfour.com